When is Opening Day?
Opening Night is March 3, 2017. Opening Day is March 4, 2017.
When do practices begin?
Practices for the 2017 season are allowed to begin on Feb. 4th, 2017.
What does 'League Age' mean?
'League Age' is what Little League baseball uses to determine the division in which your child should participate according to age. The League Age Determination Date is set to move to August 31 for the2018 season. Adjusting the Age Determination Date will help Little League achieve the goal of making the league younger. And, making the date August 31, the same that many schools in many states use for student registration, allows Little Leaguers to play with their classmates.
This change will make the Little League Baseball Division, also known as the Major Division, truly a12 and under program – ensuring that no child playing in the Little League/Major Division will turn13 years old at any point during their final season in that division. The same will be true with the upper age limit at all teenage divisions of Little League Baseball.
What’s the difference?
In 2014, Little League District Administrators initially voted to move the age determination date from April 30 to December 31, effective with the 2018 season. That was amended by District Administrators and the Little League International Board of Directors in August 2015, moving the date from December 31 to August 31.
For players born on or before August 31, 2005: The new age determination date of August 31 will be effective starting with the 2018 Little League Baseball Season. For the 2016 and 2017 seasons, these players will use the April 30 age determination date.
For players born on or after September 1, 2005: The new age determination date will be effective immediately, starting with the 2016 season. This was the implementation used for the 2015 season, with players turning 4 to 9 years old during the 2015 calendar year to use the December 31 age determination date. That implementation remains in place, except instead of using December 31, you will use August 31.
What’s the impact of this new change to my child?
If your child was born between January 1 and April 30, there has been no impact in any of the Age Determination Date changes.
If your child was born between May 1 and August 31, there is no change from the previous age change and implementation.
If your child was born between September 1 and December 31, he or she essentially reverts back to where they were from a League Age standpoint prior to the 2015 season, and, like those born between January 1 and April 30, there is no impact on them.
“After announcing the new age determination date for our baseball divisions in 2014, we have received important feedback from many volunteers and parents,” said Stephen D. Keener, Little League President and CEO. “We continue to work with all our volunteers and our International Board of Directors toward the goal of making the Little League Baseball Division truly a 12 and under program, while also mitigating the impact to those currently participating in the Little League program.”
2017 Little League Age Chart
FOR BASEBALL DIVISION ONLY
Match month (top line) and box with year of birth. League age indicated at right.
Note: This age chart is for BASEBALL DIVISIONS ONLY, and only for 2017.
Where are the game scores?
Game scores will be posted on the individual DIVISION Pages. Please note the WebGuy can only post the game scores that are reported. Report your game scores to: email@example.com. Scores are not posted for Single A or T-Ball divisions.
What is the Tournament of Champions?
District 68 hosts a Tournament of Champions every year at the end of the regular season. Our League sends Juniors, two (2) Major and two (2) Minor (AAA) teams.
- The two (2) Major and two (2) AAA teams will be the League Champion of each Division (Majors and AAA) and the winners of the VLL Playoffs in each Division (Major and AAA). The League Champion will have choice of brackets.
- League Champion - Majors and AAA Divisions will play a split schedule (two halves). The winner of the first half will play the winner of the second half to determine "league champion". The winner will be declared league champion and get an automatic bid to the TOC tournament while the loser will be "first seed" in the VLL Playoffs. If the winner of both halves is the same team, the next best overall record will be "first seed" in the VLL Playoffs. If a winner cannot be determined by most wins, then it will go to head to head competition in the respective half. If still tied, then the tiebreaker will be runs scored, in the respective half, against that particular team or teams if more than two teams are involved.
- The second TOC berth shall be determined by a single game elimination playoff."First seed" will have a bye, if available, in the first round of the playoffs. Seeding in the VLL Playoffs will be worst record playing best record. League Champion is not involved in the VLL Playoffs.
- To the extent that a team that qualifies for the Tournament of Champions cannot participate, the overall regular season standings shall be used to determine the replacement team, with the team that finishes highest in the standings approached first.
- Teams must make every effort to participate. Managers should make sure that the parents of their team are aware of this post-season tournament early in the season to minimize vacation conflicts.
- The highest seeded team (the team which finished highest in the regular season standings) will be the Home Team for each game.
- No replacement of lost players is allowed.
Are trophies awarded?
Viejo LL will award trophies (or other recognition) to the First and Second place teams. Other teams may be recognized as well at the discretion of the VLL Board. In divisions that send teams to the District TOC First place will be awarded to the team that won both halves of the season or wins the playoff game between the two teams that won each half. Second place will be awarded to the team that won a half season but lost the playoff game. If one team one both halves Second Place will be awarded to the winner of the Viejo LL Playoffs. In divisions that do not play two halves trophies willbe awarded based on the results of the Viejo LL Playoffs. If the Viejo LL Playoff format does not generate a single "runner up" Third place will be awarded to the team with the next best record or will not be awarded.